On Sun, Nov 21, 2021 at 1:06 PM Kostas Michalopoulos via lazarus <
lazarus@lists.lazarus-ide.org> wrote:

> On 11/21/21 11:45, Juha Manninen via lazarus wrote:
> > LCL-QT5 works better than LCL-GTK2 now IMO.
>
> What are the issues on Gtk2 that are fixed in Qt5?

Different LCL bindings have their own bugs, and so do the underlying
libraries GTK2, QT5 etc.
LCL-QT5 and LCL-GTK2 both have bugs but LCL-QT5 has less of them. The
underlying QT5 is also less buggy than the old GTK2.

I agree with Michael. You need GTK2 development libraries initially when
building Lazarus from sources with "make".
LCL-QT5 bindings require the libQT5Pas (IIRC) which must be installed
manually in some systems. Manjaro + KDE has it nicely as a dependency.
Once you have them both installed you can freely select your favorite
widgetset.

Juha