Hi Michael,

I'm interested in this but I expect that I'm not the expert you are looking for. Some time ago ( Lazarus 1.8 or even earlier) I made a directory sync program for my own use for Windows which is aware of Unicode names in the file system.

I tried to follow your instruction but I failed as git is a pain for me:

 - Update your git clone
    git pull https://gitlab.com/freepascal.org/lazarus/lazarus.git lazarus. "lazarus" is my target folder.

- switch to branch unicodertl
    git branch --list gives only one branch: main

Can you please show in detail what to do?

Do you plan a full Unicode (up to four bytes per codepoint as far as I remember) or a DBCS (double byte character set) version? I don't know what Windows uses and what Delphi does.

Thank you,
Rolf