On 22.02.2023 18:01, Bo Berglund via lazarus wrote:
On Wed, 22 Feb 2023 10:43:35 +0100, Bo Berglund via lazarus
<lazarus@lists.lazarus-ide.org> wrote:

Lacking any advice here I started over by removing the old Lazarus directory and
the pcp dir and then build from start with a new set of source files in a fresh
2.2.4 subdir...

All was Ok until again the OLPM packages were installed when the new Lazarus
also failed to start. It seems like at least one of the packages I use from OLPM
will hose Lazarus!

So now I will repeat the effort but this time I will install one package after
another using OLPM and rebuild Lazarus IDE after each. This way I would be able
to pinpoint the one that causes the problem.
So now I have found a package in OnLinePackageManager that will hose Lazarus if
installed:
  BGRABitmap

Up until installing that I was fine, but now Lazarus won't start....

The Initial image is shown for 3 seconds and then disappears.
Then nothing...

What can I do to get into Lazarus and remove the BGRABitmap?

Or is there somewhere a file or such I can edit and then rebuild the IDE from
the command line?

This is on Linux (Raspberry Pi  OS).

Usually there is an "old" Lazarus executable (lazarus.old) next to the Lazarus executable. I usually switch to that if something is wrong with the new one. A problem arises if the old exe doesn't work either because it has been overwritten etc. Try it, that might be the quickest help.

Ondrej