On Thu, 23 Feb 2023, Luca Olivetti via lazarus wrote:

El 23/2/23 a les 9:04, Luca Olivetti via lazarus ha escrit:
Hello,

do you know of any component/dataset combo that works like a TDBGrid but doesn't load all the records from the db when doing a refresh, just the ones that are currently visible, yet offering seamless scrolling?
I looked in the wiki but I couldn't find any.

Something like this:

https://docwiki.embarcadero.com/RADStudio/Rio/en/Browsing_Tables_(FireDAC)#Live_Data_Window_Mode

This is not something that the grid handles. This is a dataset feature.

At this moment I know of no FPC/Lazarus dataset component that handles this
automatically.

Note the remark on that page:

"Although FireDAC minimizes the number of generated and executed SQL commands
in LDW mode,
 it still produces a heavier DB load than TFDQuery. So, application developers
should
 carefully choose when to use TFDTable and LDW mode. "

This is exactly why FPC does not have a database table component. It's horribly inefficient.

Michael.