Il 19/04/2023 18:24, Bo Berglund via lazarus ha scritto:

On Mon, 17 Apr 2023 10:32:51 +0200, Mattias Gaertner via lazarus
<lazarus@lists.lazarus-ide.org> wrote:

On Mon, 17 Apr 2023 10:11:28 +0200
Giuliano Colla via lazarus <lazarus@lists.lazarus-ide.org> wrote:

Il 17/04/2023 08:15, Bo Berglund via lazarus ha scritto:

You never stop learning!
Another thing I have learned with experience, is that sometimes the
cleanup isn't perfect and leaves some dangling ppu which creates a
problem like the one you had. It occurred to me when attempting to
rebuild Lazarus, and I was getting an unexpected "undefined
reference".
Can happen when some unit is moved to another package.

I was trying to build a normal IDE, so I tried to build a
"debug IDE" instead. With different compilation flags it was forced
to rebuild everything, and it worked fine. Then I tried again a
"normal IDE", and this time it went OK.
That's why there is "Clean all" radiobutton on the configure build
lazarus dialog. It building fails, try that.

Please can you describe where exactly I can find this on Lazarus 2.2.6?

I don't know where I find "Configure build", is it a project option or a global
settings (Below menu Project or Tools)?

If I look at the Run menu I see very far down "Configure Build+Run File...", but
that does not sound like what you are discussing, right?

It is under Tools. The last two line are about rebuilding Lazarus and changing the build options (different widgetset, different modes, etc.) The Run menu contains just options for the current project. No relation with rebuilding Lazarus.

Giuliano

--
Do not do to others as you would have them do to you.They might have different
tastes.