On Mon, 4 Dec 2023, Bo Berglund via lazarus wrote:

(preferably use the full path to the ppcarm compiler)

If you then still get the error, it means the makefiles for Lazarus indeed
do not support your target, but how to fix that is up to the lazarus team to
answer.

Michael.

Thanks!

Indeed, it seems like the make tool does not honor the PATH setting....

$ echo $PATH
/home/bosse/bin:/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/sbin:/bin:

$ which ppcarm
/home/bosse/bin/ppcarm

But I do not get the errors when make is started like this:
$ make clean PP=$HOME/bin/ppcarm

So now I went back to my lazarus 2.2.6 source dir where I have installed all of
my customizations and ran  the make clean and make bigide with a specification
of the compiler location as above, and it seems to have worked this time around.
But when I start Lazarus it has lost the package customizations I made earlier,
so I had to go over these again and rebuild the GUI afterwards from within
Lazarus itself.
OLPM + my own custom components
But after that was done it seems like Lazarus is OK.

What are the ramifications of adding the PP= directive to the make commands?

If you have multiple compilers on your system, you may be using a different
compiler compared to when you do not specify this parameter.

I always specify the starting compiler (because I have many versions
installed) so for me it is a way to make sure I am using the intended
compiler.

Michael.