On Mon, 4 Dec 2023, Bo Berglund via lazarus wrote:

On Mon, 4 Dec 2023 11:40:02 +0100 (CET), Michael Van Canneyt via lazarus
<lazarus@lists.lazarus-ide.org> wrote:

If you have multiple compilers on your system, you may be using a different
compiler compared to when you do not specify this parameter.

I have several fpc:s too...

I always specify the starting compiler (because I have many versions
installed) so for me it is a way to make sure I am using the intended
compiler.

Is that switch also available for startlazarus?
So it can be specified inside the desktop file for the GUI menu?

Like this:
Exec=/home/bosse/devtools/lazarus/2.2.4/startlazarus PP=$HOME/bin/ppcarm
--pcp=/home/bosse/.lazarus_2.2.4 %f

Since in the config files in  home/bosse/.lazarus_2.2.4 there is already a
compiler
specified, it would be useless to be able to specify it again.

Michael.