Mattias Gaertner wrote:
That way I can simply hover the move over a method or property and
see if it is protected or public etc...

Implemented in 21283.

Hi Mattias,

I get an error in the IDE Messages window. And the tooltip doesn't have any visibility specified. I'm using Lazarus r21307 under Linux compiled with GTK2 widgetset.

See attached screenshot. I don't think you have to worry about the duplicated hints in the tooltip. The documentation is currently in fpdoc and inline format, which causes the duplicates - I'm not sure if that can be improved on. (maybe if fpdoc help exists, do not use inline comments in tooltip?).

Anyway, here is the output Lazarus gave in the command line. As far as I can see, the HTML tags seem correct. Each opening tag has a corresponding closing tag. And <BR> being the exception, which I believe is normal.

--------------------------------------
TCodeHelpManager.GetHint END Hint="<HTML><BODY>function TtiObject.IsValid(var AErrorMessage:string):boolean;<BR>
/home/graemeg/programming/3rdParty/tiOPF2/Source/Core/tiObject.pas(430,17)<BR>
<BR>
<B>TtiObject.IsValid</B><BR>
Is the Object a valid one<BR>
<BR>
: Is the Object a valid one. Does it adhere to all the business rules you defined?<BR>
<B>TtiObject.IsValid</B><BR>
Is the Object a valid one<BR>
<BR>
: Is the Object a valid one. Does it adhere to all the business rules you defined?<BR>
<B>TtiObject.IsValid</B><BR>
Is the Object a valid one<BR>
<BR>
: Is the Object a valid one. Does it adhere to all the business rules you defined?</BODY></HTML>"

Regards,
  - Graeme -

http://opensoft.homeip.net/fpgui/

<<inline: code_tooltip2.png>>