Graeme Geldenhuys wrote:
though developers still seem to keep adding docs inline. :-(

speaking for myself (and i guess there are many like me), i develop "on the fly" and those times that i do write documentation, i do tend to do it as i develop a routine... this offers me two items of interest... first being that the doc for that routine is written and second to keep me on track with what that routine does so i don't wander afield somewhere while working on it... then again, i still tend to pull up TP6 and sometimes BP7 for most of my coding because i am still trying to learn FPC and Lazarus and their interfaces...

and that last statement brings me to a comment you (Graeme) made the other day... i feel the same as you (and no flame intended to anyone) that programmers ARE users... they are users of the tools they use to create their tools and applications... i am a "simple user" of FPC, Lazarus and their interfaces and the code they generate ;)