Chris Jennings wrote:
Martin wrote:
Chris Jennings wrote:
Hi All

I am brand new to Lazarus but have experience with Delphi in the distant past. I am just trying to acertain if Lazarus will meet my needs and am playing with some examples. I have run into a snag that is killing me.

I place a TManMenu component on an empty form for a new application project. I click on it to bring up the Menu Editor. I change the caption to "File". I create a sub menu item and change the caption to "Open". I click on File and go to repeat the process. Nothing happens.
right click the "open" entry and use "insert new item before/after"

That works for menu items hrizontally - I need to add items veticaly eg sub items to a top level file menu
That work for subittem (vertical) too, if you right click the first created subitem.