Thanks Andrew

Even though I had the solution, I realy appreciate the work you did. - My mistake was to keep placing the cursor back to the top level item (File) as I tried to make changes.

cj

Andrew Haines wrote:
Chris Jennings wrote:
Hi All

I am brand new to Lazarus but have experience with Delphi in the distant
past. I am just trying to acertain if Lazarus will meet my needs and am
playing with some examples. I have run into a snag that is killing me.

I place a TManMenu component on an empty form for a new application
project. I click on it to bring up the Menu Editor. I change the caption
to "File". I create a sub menu item and change the caption to "Open". I
click on File and go to repeat the process. Nothing happens.

I am able to add a second top levl item (eg. "Help") and again can only
add 1 sunmenu item to it. I am able to add submenu items to existing
submenu items and everything works as expected

If I open one of the example files I can see that the author has
developed a full menu, yet I can not add to it.
I can use the template option to place a full File dialog, but again can
not add to it.

Unfortunatley the documentation for Lazarus needss some work.

Someone please help. Lazarus looks like a fantastic product that will
meet my needs of a single development environment for a new Open Source
project that must be available to Linux/Mac/Win users.

I made a short video of how to do what you're asking. I see that you
already have your answer but maybe someone else will find it interesting.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U0qn94zczaY

Regards,

Andrew