On 2/26/2010 17:20, Graeme Geldenhuys wrote:
On 26 February 2010 18:35, waldo kitty<wkitt...@windstream.net>  wrote:

yay!! how far off is the english version?? any idea on the price? i much
prefer a real book to pdf cr4p ;)

I'm hoping for an English edition too (and will by it simply because
I'm a Lazarus user),

i want to be more of a user than i am now... currently, i spend most of my time with laz just reading this list :? this/a book specific to laz will be a huge help to me... i've just not had any luck/fun with the delphi stuff that i have found and that mainly because they say to drag X here but X doesn't exist in laz or has a different name/icon/whatever :?

but I can imagine it's a lot of work. Jorg
already told me how much work the current German book was and that it
was almost cancelled at one stage.

I'm glad to see it finally made it to print! Congrats to all the authors.

same here!

As for PDF books... I hope to one day get a Kindle DX or similar
device - I can actually see myself reading on e-Ink screens and a
device that is portable, light and similar size to a A4 page. I
probably have 30-40 programming eBooks, but never read them simply
because it's wasteful printing them, and I hate reading on standard
computer monitors or laptops.

not to mention that you can't drag your whole machine into the "library" with you for a reading session :P myself? i want the book open on my lap/desk while i work with what i'm doing... in this way, i can use a hiliter to hilite the important parts as well as easier follow along with what i'm doing...

you should see my 1986 "Using Turbo Pascal" by Steve Wood, my 1987 "Complete Turbo Pascal (2nd edition)" by Jeff Duntemann and my 1993 "Mastering Turbo Pascal 6 (4th edition, 3rd printing)" by Tom Swan... they all carry numerous bookmark tabs and hilited entries in them :P