03.04.2010 17:35, Mattias Gaertner wrote:
Only dialogs with no sizable controls can be fixed size. So
the splashscreen can be fixed size.
Even a message dialog can be too big for the screen and then it should
be resizable.
The find/replace dialog is good example for a dialog that must be
resizable, as the text can be long.
I'm always cursing the many non resizable dialogs in MS Windows. And I
know that even windows lovers don't like that.
If you don't like them then don't use bsDialog in your applications :) I know ubuntu applications which have dialog with the fixes size.
About the icon:
If a window is shown in the taskbar it should show an icon, otherwise
they get a default one from the window manager.
bsDialog needs to be shown without a taskbar item. If develop uses bsDialog for another tasks then it is a developer problem, not an LCL one.
A modal form does not need to be shown in the taskbar - if it is the
only one. But the VCL allows to show one form modal and then one form
normal. The last will be shown in the same layer as the modal one, so
you need buttons to switch between them.
You are trying to care about poorly developed applications I think.

Best regards,
Paul Ishenin.