On 2010-05-28 23:23, Graeme Geldenhuys wrote:
On 28 May 2010 21:06, Adem wrote:
I can guess that it would be hard to do, but I feel it will be absolutely
impossible without your (and the rest of compiler team's) blessing.
All I can say is: Good Luck!

I found a Oil Tanker more responsive and flexible than some of the
developers here. Maybe your approach of flashing money around might
win you some votes.
Graeme,

With a comment like that, I am afraid you're actually forcing a negative response.

No, I wasn't flashing around money.

I have absolutely no financial gain whatsoever from whether or not FPC/Lazarus improves or gets more popular --that is, I haven't written a single line of code I charged for (not even indirectly); whatever I wrote I did so simply to scratch my own itch.

I am (have been) a Delphi user since time immemoriam; but I have also been lurking in the background in the devel list for a long time. I have seen how overworked the compiler team is.

So, instead of coming up as another "give me this or that" demander (to coin a new word), I thought it would be better to get someone else to refactor the already written code to be more usable in downstream projects.

This is basically why I proposed what I proposed.

So, your comment that I am flashing around money is not just unfair (to me and everyone else), but it hurts too.

I wish you would make more effort to contain any bitterness you may have and let other contrinute what they can.

--
Cheers,

Adem