Juha Manninen wrote:
5.1 Copy all binaries which do not allready exist from old
..\fpc\bin\i386-win32\ to the new one

On Linux I did basically the same thing except for this 5.1.
What binaries?

5.2 Edit fpc.cfg in the new bin and modify the paths

This could be documented with more details and placed to wiki for example.
There were only 6 lines I had to change but it is not obvious when opening the
file for the first time.

:) this is how my ~/.fpc.cfg looks like

#include /etc/fpc.cfg
-Fu/home/marc/lib/fpc/$fpcversion/units/$fpctarget
-Fu/home/marc/lib/fpc/$fpcversion/units/$fpctarget/*
-Fu/home/marc/lib/fpc/$fpcversion/units/$fpctarget/rtl

This way I can locally install any fpcversion into PREFIX=~

No need to edit

Marc