One of the things I expect... from a Freepascal/Lazarus project is to be able to support other plataforms in the future... may be Android, IPhone, Symbian ... and any mobile device available out there and supported by FPC:-) This is why I expect to select the correct drawing option before start coding it. Speed and portability.

Do you know some slow very cost linux based gps device?

Horacio