Bernd wrote:

Much stuff that appeared on a single line, with occasional missing spaces. If it's difficult to write it should be difficult to read. Here endeth the rant :-)

I wonder if I could ask a question that follows on from Bernd's sentiment. He points out that the IDE will pick up a comment /before/ a declaration, but for getting on for 30 years I've been putting comments immediately /after/ and that includes the positioning of a unit summary. What's more I've been writing comments where every line is terminated ("Sloane style") rather than having a brace at the start of each comment and one at the end, and I still favour (* *) because of years spent using Modula-2.

Is there a Lazarus Style Guide somewhere, that deals with how best to format code so that the IDE can exploit it, that deals with using fpdoc or something similar for ones own projects, and that possibly even deals with writing help files (of some suitable format)?

--
Mark Morgan Lloyd
markMLl .AT. telemetry.co .DOT. uk