On 7/24/2010 12:34 PM, Mark Morgan Lloyd wrote:
I wonder if I could ask a question that follows on from Bernd's sentiment. He points out that the IDE will pick up a comment /before/ a declaration, but for getting on for 30 years I've been putting comments immediately /after/ and that includes the positioning of a unit summary. What's more I've been writing comments where every line is terminated ("Sloane style") rather than having a brace at the start of each comment and one at the end, and I still favour (* *) because of years spent using Modula-2.

I'm in the same boat (35+ years). Comments are always immediately after instead of before. Among other things this helps ensure the comment is not lost when the code is moved since it is located *within* the unit/procedure/function. I sure hope any further automated support will be able to handle this style.

--
Doug C.
-----