Hi All,

I am porting some code from Delphi to lazarus and I needed to change a
Trichedit to a Tmemo. Now the code

  with Memo2 do
    Perform(EM_LINESCROLL, 0, Memo_lines_added);

does not work. It is supposed to scroll the TMemo to the bottom of the
window. I tried to use TRichView but it won't even display lines e.g.
Richview1.lines.add( 'hello' ) does not work!!!

var
  Memo_lines.added : integer;

procedure Tform2.SnipMemoText(var Memo2 : tMemo; MaxSize : integer);
var
  i : integer;
begin
  // make it faster with BeginUpdate / EndUpdate {delete excess lines}
  Memo2.Lines.BeginUpdate;
  for i := 0 to Memo2.Lines.Count - MaxSize - 1 do
    Memo2.Lines.Delete(0);
  Memo2.Lines.EndUpDate;

  with Memo2 do
    Perform(EM_LINESCROLL, 0, Memo_lines_added);

  Memo_lines_added := 0;
end; { SnipMemoText }

Best Regards,
        PEW
Hobart, Tasmania, Australia
--
Proudly developing Quality Cross Platform Open Source Games
Since 1970 with a Commodore PET 4016 with 16 KRAM