Hi All,

On Fri, 2010-09-03 at 06:57 +1000, Peter E Williams wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I am porting some code from Delphi to lazarus and I needed to change a
> Trichedit to a Tmemo. Now the code

This microsoft page:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb761615%28VS.85%29.aspx

gives the details of how it works for TRichEdits under MS Windows. All I
am trying to do is add this functionality to TMemo under Lazarus. Can
someone please help me with some code to do this?!?

// originally with RichEdit1 do
>   with Memo2 do
>     Perform(EM_LINESCROLL, 0, Memo_lines_added);
>
> does not work. It is supposed to scroll the TMemo to the bottom of the
> window. I tried to use TRichView but it won't even display lines e.g.
> Richview1.lines.add( 'hello' ) does not work!!!
>
> var
>   Memo_lines.added : integer;
>
> procedure Tform2.SnipMemoText(var Memo2 : tMemo; MaxSize : integer);
// originally var RichEdit2 : TRichEdit
> var
>   i : integer;
> begin
>   // make it faster with BeginUpdate / EndUpdate {delete excess lines}
>   Memo2.Lines.BeginUpdate;
>   for i := 0 to Memo2.Lines.Count - MaxSize - 1 do
>     Memo2.Lines.Delete(0);
>   Memo2.Lines.EndUpDate;
>
>   with Memo2 do
>     Perform(EM_LINESCROLL, 0, Memo_lines_added);
>
>   Memo_lines_added := 0;
> end; { SnipMemoText }

Best Regards,
        PEW
Hobart, Tasmania, Australia

--
Proudly developing Quality Cross Platform Open Source Games
Since 1970 with a Commodore PET 4016 with 16 KRAM