Al 16/08/2011 17:27, En/na Ludo Brands ha escrit:
IME (with user program, but that should translate to lazarus itself),
there's a big difference between windows and linux/gtk-2 (and also
linux/qt, but I don't use that, only to do some tests).
Windows uses much less memory and memory usage doesn't grow
with time,
while linux/gtk-2, doing the same things, uses much more
initial memory
and its usage constantly grows.
Given that my programs have to run unattended 24/7, that's a
big issue
for me (more than the memory usage by lazarus).
Now under linux I routinely add a test to see if there's a
pause in the
production line and use that to restart the program :-(

During testing Lazarus I found a big improvement with memory increasing on
linux when using cmem. There are probably disadvantages using cmem but when
your main concern is the increasing memory it is worth giving a try.

Yes, I always try with cmem under linux. Memory usage still grows :-(

Bye
--
Luca Olivetti
Wetron Automation Technology http://www.wetron.es