On Tue, Sep 27, 2011 at 4:19 PM, Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho
<felipemonteiro.carva...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 27, 2011 at 4:01 PM, Lukasz Sokol <el.es...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> do all languages get the same treatment on the shootout...? Or are some more
>> even than others!
>
> The shootout is a hacking competition, it is not a scientific test of
> which language is faster.

Actually I wrote that because the last time I looked at the shootout
some years ago it's description was quite humorous, it clearly stated
that it is completely flawed and should not be used for serious
things. It even made it hard to recommend FPC by linking to the
shootout because it's description made the shootout look like a joke!

Now I entered it again and it's main description clearly invites
people to choose a programming language based on the shootout results
and the word "flawed" is nowhere to be found.

It looks like the shootout was take over by trolls!

--
Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho