Mattias Gaertner wrote:
On Thu, 26 Jan 2012 09:20:10 +0100
Michael Schnell <mschn...@lumino.de> wrote:

On 01/25/2012 10:36 PM, Graeme Geldenhuys wrote:
I don't know how much help CLX or VCL help files would really be to a LCL developer.

That is obviously a valid point, but when I started this subthread I was simply trying to point out that one of the courses of action in the wiki (Graeme's suggestion to assimilate the Kylix files) might not be useful due to platform constraints.

The Delphi help offers with nice hints for the language itself including context sensitive "F1" on language keywords like "array" or "class" or "override" and such.

That was added some months ago for the chm help.

Noted. However since I usually build Lazarus from source (no binary distro for some of the systems I run, or I need a specific compiler version from SVN) is there an idiot's guide somewhere for how to get and integrate the latest docs? And what can be done to get as many users as possible aware of this?

--
Mark Morgan Lloyd
markMLl .AT. telemetry.co .DOT. uk