Graeme Geldenhuys wrote:

>> On 24 January 2012 18:11, Mark Morgan Lloyd wrote:
>> Yes, but the point I'm trying to make is that those files are
>> effectively locked out now for anybody unable to run HyperHelp,
>> e.g. because they're not> running on x86.
>
> True, it is x86 and x86-64 only. But to be fair, Kylix was
> onlyreleased for Linux and Intel based processors.

Indeed. But what that means is that anybody wanting to refer to the Kylix helpfiles on a non-x86 system will have problems. The only practical significance is that it's probably unwise for any of the FPC/Lazarus docs to simply say "works the same as Delphi/Kylix, qv": anything significant will have to be summarised.

Obviously this is a minor detail- nitpicking almost- since it assumes that people will still be running systems other than x86 in the future.

--
Mark Morgan Lloyd
markMLl .AT. telemetry.co .DOT. uk