On Mon, Feb 27, 2012 at 03:59:35PM +0100, Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho wrote:
> 2012/2/27 Frank Church <vfcli...@gmail.com>:
> > 1. Establish Free Pascal as THE Pascal, THE Object (based) Pascal on Linux
>
> While I disagree that any serious competition to FPC exists in Linux,
> you should know that FPC has never been monopolist. Competition is
> widely seen as something good. Having more good Object Pascal
> compilers would be good.

If the rumours are correct, Embarcadero might enter the Linux market again
in august-september, but again a crosscompile product.

At least that was how the roadmap during the XE2 introduction sounded, next
edition native ARM (iOS and maybe Android) and expansion of the i386/x86_64
compiler to Linux.