On 2012-10-03 16:07, michael.vancann...@wisa.be wrote:

>> a) Lazarus simply makes it easy to move Delphi projects to Lazarus - a
>> once off process, and only in that specific direction.
>
> That's all I would sign up for, where visual things are concerned.

This would be my choice too.

Which also means LCL contributors should be able to freely implement new
features (like the ImageList addition to TDBNavigator) or improve
exiting feature (like Alpha support in TColor) - as long as the "Import
a Delphi project" or "Import a Delphi Form" functionality still works.

This way Lazarus could stand out, and be a "better Delphi than Delphi".

If you decide on option (b), you should know the following... You're on
your own buddy!

     Graeme.