Giuliano Colla wrote:
On 01/15/2013 10:46 AM, Mark Morgan Lloyd wrote:
Giuliano Colla wrote:

[..]
I can't possibly have multiple startlazarus, because I don't have more than one installation. I just have one lazarus installation, and a custom copy in my home directory.

Darn strange...

/usr/local/share$ find . -executable -name startlazarus |grep -v MacOS
./lazarus-1.0/startlazarus
./lazarus-1.0-rc1/startlazarus
./lazarus-trunk+2.6.2/startlazarus
./lazarus-trunk+2.6.0/startlazarus

That's because you're keeping a number of different Lazarus versions, like I do on my development platforms.

But in a deployment platform, where there's just one Lazarus what I see is:

 [colla@localhost ~]$ which startlazarus
/usr/bin/startlazarus

I thought you'd already said that you'd go another copy hidden in ~/.lazarus/bin

and:

[colla@localhost ~]$ locate startlazarus
/usr/bin/startlazarus
..

Are you sure that you can trust locate's results, or is it stopping when it sees ~/.lazarus I'd not trust locate in this situation, but instead would use find.

Whatever, I agree it's undesirable- if you're really seeing what you think you're seeing.

--
Mark Morgan Lloyd
markMLl .AT. telemetry.co .DOT. uk