Mattias Gaertner wrote:

[TCompiler.Compile] CmdLine="/usr/local/bin/ppc386-2.6.0 -MObjFPC -Scagi -O1 -g -gl -vewnhi -Se3 -Fi/usr/local/share/lazarus-trunk/ide -Fl/opt/gnome/lib -Fu/usr/local/src/heavywethers/inifiles/trunk
..
Compiling HeavyWethers.lpr
Compiling /usr/local/src/heavywethers/inifiles/trunk/dbconfigcode2.pas

Good.

but I now have two tabbed panes in my source editor: "DbConfigCode2" and "DbConfigCode2(2)" with the latter focussed.

And that's where you loose me. Why should /usr/local/src/inifiles/trunk/dbconfigcode2.pas be open in
the editor? From the project's point of view it is an unrelated file.

You tell me! But the IDE opens a new tab/pane, and that's the whole point I'm trying to make!

As I wrote:
You can use linked directories, but within a project you can use
only one of them.

I'm trying to, dagnabbit! :-)

--
Mark Morgan Lloyd