Michael Schnell wrote:
On 07/15/2013 10:12 AM, Michael Van Canneyt wrote:
As far as I know, it is Javascript. Not Java.

As Firefox is a very fast Javascript interpreter this does make sense.

But it supposedly makes it completely incompatible with Android from ground up (this might be on purpose).

But can an "OS" completely done in Jacascript be a valid alternate foundation for cell phone and Tablet designs ?

A lot of people who should know better think that the GUI is the OS. As far as I know, Firefox OS is Linux with all GUI interfacing done by HTML5 hence JavaScript etc., from my limited reading I don't know whether there's a native-code capability which might mean that as a platform it's even more restrictive than Android.

--
Mark Morgan Lloyd
markMLl .AT. telemetry.co .DOT. uk