Em 13-07-2013 02:13, Mattias Gaertner escreveu:
On Fri, 12 Jul 2013 15:36:26 -0700 (PDT)
Éderson Cássio <ederson_cas...@yahoo.com.br> wrote:

[...]
It was a problem for which I could produce a solution in the LCL code, but
Mattias Gaertner said me the problem doesn't occur on all systems. Well, I
found one situation when the problem occurs, on my system.

It's not only a "my system" problem, it's a problem in the way the GTK2 Lazarus widgetset interacts
with some systems (including mine). I say that because other GTK2 applications have a normal behavior, even
Lazarus applications when my system language is "English". Maybe an "if" would solve the
problem; I just want to keep talking to someone who can guide me in the LCL changes without causing
disasters. Mattias gave me an advice (thanks!), and I have found a new direction.
It is possible to add the changes via an IFDEF. For example:

{$IfDef EnableGtk2AccentKeyMod2}
// new solution ...
{$Else}
// old solution ...
{$EndIf}

Then you can ask people to test this by adding a
-dEnableGtk2AccentKeyMod2 to their IDE options.

Can you create a patch for this?

Mattias

Mattias, thanks for your help.
I don't know how I can create a patch... everything I know is that I must download the sources from SVN, but I'm raw about these kind of task (ashamed...)
If I give some simple instructions, can you or somebody create it?

In _*lcl/interfaces/gtk2/gtk2proc.inc*_, line 2278, we have:

CheckDeadKey;

We just need to do the solution you gave (I created a new name for the directive):

{$IfDef GTK2LatinAccents}
   gtk_im_context_filter_keypress(im_context, AEvent);
{$Else}
   CheckDeadKey;
{$EndIf}

Thanks, I hope it will be useful for some people asking in the forums!

Éderson