On 2013-07-15 16:40, Henry Vermaak wrote:
> If you want an INSERT statement to generate an error unless you
> explicitly specify values for all columns that do not have a default
> value, you should use strict mode."

And G*d only knows why they have such modes in the first place! You
would think that if they do value data (what you put in is what you get
out), there would only be 'strict mode', or at least make that the more
sane and default mode. Like I said, I installed MySQL on FreeBSD from
source code and didn't customise any settings.

The case sensitivity in the table names is also crazy, especially if the
database gets moved. I had to modify quite a lot of SQL statements
because of that. For MySQL support I had to look up the table name (as
MySQL has it), then modify lots and lots of SQL in my application to
match that case exactly. Crazy stuff!

Regards,
  G.