On 05/09/2013 14:34, Mattias Gaertner wrote:
>> Antonio Fortuny <a.fort...@sitasoftware.lu> hat am 5. September 2013 um 13:58
>> geschrieben:
>>   I want to make some changes and additions to the unit  bufdataset.pas
>> incresing dataset possibilities.
>>   I've made the changes, compiled and tested using a dynamically created
>> component.
>>   So far, so good.
>>   Now I want to incorporate the changes in the FCL package fcl-db
>>   Vista32, Lazarus 1.0.10, FPC 2.6.2
>>   Compile FPC fcl-db package, and compilation runs OK and my new unit gets
>> compiled (see below for console output)
>>   BUT
>>   new .o and .ppu are not moved to
>> "D:\Programmes\lazarus\fpc\2.6.2\units\i386-win32\fcl-db\"  but are kept in
>> D:\Programmes\lazarus\fpc\2.6.2\source\packages\fcl-db\units\i386-win32\ as
>> compilation result
>
> The usual work flow is like this:
> You alter fpc units and tests them with some test program (ppu files in
> source\packages\fcl-db\units\...).
You can use the FPC database test suite for that (e.g.
dbtestframework_gui), see e.g.
http://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/Databases#Running_FPC_database_tests

You can add new unit tests to e.g. testspecifictbufdataset.pas

> When you are done, you build all fpc packages that depend on these ppus and
> copy
> all new files to the install folders (fpc\2.6.2\units\...).
> The safest way is too simply rebuild the whole fpc and call make install.
> Please read the documentation about building and installing fpc.

Additionally, if you want to have your additions to bufdataset
incorporated into FPC, please submit a patch against fpc trunk (in other
words, please be prepared to copy over your changes to FPC trunk)

Looking forward to your updates!