On 30/10/2013 01:56, Anthony Walter wrote:
Problem 2
--------------

http://cache.codebot.org/development/lazarus-run-error.png

When I try to run a program (either in debug mode or release mode which has no debugging on) I get that message from OS X. It seems to build fine. I mentioned above the debugger was gotten from macports and is named ggdb on disk rather than gdb and is at version 7.6, if that's important.

It is located on my system at

/opt/local/bin/ggdb

I'd very much appreciate it if anyone could help me setup correctly working near trunk versions of fpc and lazarus on OS X.

http://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/GDB_Debugger_Tips#Xcode_5

read the link to the forum

You need:

the IDE passes the app bundle. But gdb expects the actual exe inside the app bundle.
/Users/admin/Documents/project1.app
1) If you can do without, uncheck "generate app bundle" in the project settings.
2) Menu > Run > Run Param > Edit: "Host Application"
/Users/admin/Documents/project1.app/Content/MacOS/project1

and

But also, try this: In the Menu > Tools > Options > Debugger
There is a grid with options. It has:

|    EncodeCurrentDirPath = gdfeDefault|
|and same for setting ExeEncoding

All those are automated in |revision 43255 and later