On 10/30/2013 10:41 PM, FreeMan wrote:
Hello,
I'm not sure is this bug? can some one test please? and if its but I'll
make new issue.
I have a TComboBox, I add 2 strings. I wanna do, if TmpStr is in the
items, do it selected.

   I := EDT_User.Items.IndexOfName(TmpStr);
   EDT_User.ItemIndex:= I;

1-) I is always return -1;
2-) I add breakpoint on IndexOfName function, debugger stop there, when
click F7 not to go that function, I added breakpoint in IndexOfName
function, but never stop in, directly jump to next line on my code.
3-) EDT_User.ItemIndex:= 1; this code not to trigger Text property, text
not change

/opt/freepascal/2.7.1/rtl/objpas/classes/stringl.inc    line 784

Kubuntu 13.10 x64
fpc svn update 25886
lazarus svn update 43343
QT

That's probably 2.7.1 problem. With 2.6.2 it works ok. Also, if it's because of qt , look into lcl/interfaces/qt/qtprivate.pp where we define TStrings for combobox, maybe some tuning for 2.7.1 is needed there.

z.