Le 30/10/2013 22:41, FreeMan a écrit :
Hello,
I'm not sure is this bug? can some one test please? and if its but I'll make new issue. I have a TComboBox, I add 2 strings. I wanna do, if TmpStr is in the items, do it selected.

  I := EDT_User.Items.IndexOfName(TmpStr);
  EDT_User.ItemIndex:= I;

1-) I is always return -1;
Well, I don't know what's in the Items property (TStrings) but if I execute a
Index := Combo.Iyems.IndexOf('My text');

I receive 7 when the string 'My text' is in the 8th position, counting from 1.
When the Items property contains
one=1
two=2
three=3
four=4
doing:
  str := 'three';
  Index := ComboBox1.Items.IndexOfName(str);
  str2 := ComboBox1.Items.Values[str];
MessageDlg('Search',Format('index:%d, val:%s', [Index, str2]), mtInformation, [mbOK], 0, mbOK);
result is 'index:2 val:3

platform is Vista32, Lazarus 1.0.12

Antonio.

2-) I add breakpoint on IndexOfName function, debugger stop there, when click F7 not to go that function, I added breakpoint in IndexOfName function, but never stop in, directly jump to next line on my code. 3-) EDT_User.ItemIndex:= 1; this code not to trigger Text property, text not change

/opt/freepascal/2.7.1/rtl/objpas/classes/stringl.inc    line 784

Kubuntu 13.10 x64
fpc svn update 25886
lazarus svn update 43343
QT