On Sun, 18 May 2014, Graeme Geldenhuys wrote:

On 2014-05-18 00:49, Tom Lisjac wrote:
I'm adding some clarification and context to your ongoing comments about
EpikTimer in this and other threads.

What Michael also keeps forgetting, is that EpikTimer gives a unified
timing interface, which is very handy in cross-platform applications.
Yes we could manually use QueryPerformanceCounter under Windows,
clock_gettime() under Linux and FreeBSD, and fpgettimeofday() everywhere
else.... but EpikTimer gives us a clean API to use, and takes care of
the platform differences for us. Makes for much cleaner code in our
applications, which I personally think is nice!

I have never tried to suggest that a component as epiktimer does not fill a gap.

Once more, the only issue I am having is the continued suggestion that it is better and offers more fine-grained/accurate timing than simply using now() when going cross-platform.

If the result of my continued hammering is that now someone will actually
contribute
improvements, I can only appreciate the effort and you won't hear me about it
ever again.

Michael.