On Mon, 19 May 2014, Reinier Olislagers wrote:

On Sat, 17 May 2014, Tom Lisjac wrote:
No mystery here either. You never miss an opportunity to criticize
EpikTimer for reasons I've never been able to understand.

Nevertheless, I have named the reasons explicitly every time.

It is simply frustrating to see that people ask for something
cross-platform, *better than Now()*
for timing, and then epiktimer is recommended. Never fails.

I suspect because epiktimer has better PR/visibility than the native FPC
alternatives.
Why not update the EpikTimer page with information regarding the
alternatives?

I'm hoping that the epiktimer implementation will be improved.

Meanwhile, enough suggestions on how to improve the implementation have been made.

Michael.