On 06/23/2014 10:48 AM, Reinier Olislagers wrote:

You mean on a DataModule? I don't really understand the question...

(@Mattias: sorry if this is off-topic here.)

Imagine a new Widget Type (and "Application") that does not provide any GUI but (other than the current not GUI based Lazarus Application types) allows for TTimer (and other Event Queue based stuff).

When doing "New Application", the Lazarus IDE automatically creates code that provides a main Form (TForm sibling) for the user code, and the GUI designer allows to place visual components, that behave appropriately as well in the GUI designer as in the running application.

When the user wants to use a TTimer, he usually simply "drops" one on this Form.

Of course a running "Active NoGui" application does not show any Form (and does not have runtime code to do so).

Nonetheless it could be doable to have it provide the design-Time functionality to allow for showing some kind of "Main Form" in the IDE and allow for placing (e.g.) TTimers there. The (non visual) properties of these components would need to be streamed from the Resource as usual when the program starts. Otherwise the user needs to "manually" create such timers e.g. in "TForm0.DoCreate" - this is how my current testing state works.

-Michael