Il 29/09/2014 22:46, Maxim Ganetsky ha scritto:
29.09.2014 22:08, Giuliano Colla пишет:
[snip]
I believe that there's a simple way to go in the right direction.
Pochecker (when integrated in the IDE) is being added the capability of
opening a po file in the IDE editor.
The syntax highlighter for po files is already there.
Adding to the IDE editor some smarter po-file editing capabilities can
be done without a big effort, following the guidelines of the HTML
editor provided by the weblaz package, and perhaps implementing a
minimal codetool-like unit for po syntax (which is rather simple).

Do you really want to reimlement PoEdit or Lokalize in Lazarus (e.g. implement translation memory, dictionaries support etc.)? What for? I think it is better to just open external editor which is associated with PO files (e.g. PoEdit or Lokalize).

No, I never thought of reinventing the wheel. I was just thinking to provide the minimum required for translation maintenance, which, given the amount of small changes to resource strings (lower/upper case changes, an & added or moved or removed for kb shortcuts, punctuation changes etc.), is IMHO a relevant part of translation activity. Opening a real full fledged po-editor is another option for more important editing. See Bart's answer on this subject.

This could end in a smooth cycle: check, edit, check again, but even now
it's already usable: after all translations are performed by developers.

In many cases translators are not developers and have difficulties with programming.

I'll keep it in mind. Thanks.

Giuliano