Il 07/10/2014 23:54, Bart ha scritto:
On 10/7/14, Giuliano Colla <giuliano.co...@fastwebnet.it> wrote:

After a week spent on hunting :-) , only a few cosmetic issues to report:

small buttons such as select basic, select all, unselect all, clear,
unselect, etc. should have AutoSize set to fit translations.
The downside being that the buttons will all get different sizes (I guess).
Although that is still better than captions running out of space, any
thoughts on how to prevet that from happening?

It's difficult to have it both ways. But you may set in the size constraints for those buttons a MinWidth value reasonably large, so that while the text fits in the minimum value, they're all the same, and when some text is longer they're not too much different.

Also, what language holds the longest captions (in general), so that
it would be best suited for me testing all of this?

I verified it with Italian
 http://www.bononiadocta.it/Lazarus/Pochecker-it.png
(please find here attached the latest version if Italian translation, which escaped the big update)

then I checked with Russian
 http://www.bononiadocta.it/Lazarus/Pochecker-ru.png
because 1) I know that it's rather longish, 2) I know that russian translations are always kept up to date by Maxim. Also German is usually quite long, but in this case only "Select basic" doesn't fit in the button.

But in general it's very difficult to predict: Russian is normally quite long, English "Hi" or "Hello" translates to something like "????????????" but the word for /"/All/"/ is "???", which is as short as English. In a short caption you can have surprises. Usually, from my experience, if Italian, German and Russian do fit, you shouldn't have too many surprises with other languages. But my experience comes only from what I've done in the past, so take it with caution.

Giuliano

--
Giuliano Colla

Project planning question: when it's 90% done, are we halfway or not yet?

# Giuliano Colla <giuliano.co...@fastwebnet.it>, 2014.
msgid ""
msgstr ""
"Project-Id-Version: \n"
"POT-Creation-Date: \n"
"PO-Revision-Date: 2014-10-07 23:00+0200\n"
"Last-Translator: Giuliano Colla <giuliano.co...@fastwebnet.it>\n"
"Language-Team: Lazarus\n"
"Language: it\n"

#: pocheckerconsts.rspochecker
msgid "PO File Checker"
msgstr "Verificatore di files PO"

#: pocheckerconsts.salllanguages
msgid "All Languages"
msgstr "Tutte le lingue"

#: pocheckerconsts.scannotfindmaster
msgid ""
"Cannot find master po file:\n"
"%s\n"
"for selected file\n"
"%s\n"
msgstr ""
"Non trovato il file master po:\n"
"%s\n"
"per il file scelto\n"
"%s\n"

#: pocheckerconsts.scheckforduplicateuntranslatedvalues
msgid "Check for duplicate untranslated values"
msgstr "Verifica valori duplicati non tradotti"

#: pocheckerconsts.scheckforincompatibleformatarguments
msgid "Check for incompatible format arguments"
msgstr "Verifica argomenti con format incompatibile"

#: pocheckerconsts.scheckformismatchesinuntranslatedstrings
msgid "Check for mismatches in untranslated strings"
msgstr "Verifica mancate corrispondenze in stringhe non tradotte"

#: pocheckerconsts.scheckmissingidentifiers
msgid "Check missing identifiers"
msgstr "Verifica identificatori mancanti"

#: pocheckerconsts.schecknumberofitems
msgid "Check number of items"
msgstr "Verifica il numero di voci"

#: pocheckerconsts.scheckstatistics
msgid "Check percentage of (un)translated and fuzzy strings"
msgstr "Verifica le percentuali di stringhe tradotte o incerte"

#: pocheckerconsts.sclearlistbox
msgid "Clear"
msgstr "Azzera"

#: pocheckerconsts.scopycaption
msgid "Copy to clipboard"
msgstr "Copia negli appunti"

#: pocheckerconsts.scurrenttest
#| msgid "Current Test:"
msgid "Test: %s on %s"
msgstr "Test: %s su %s"

#: pocheckerconsts.sduplicatelinenrwithvalue
msgid "[Line %d] %s"
msgstr "[Riga %d] %s"

#: pocheckerconsts.sduplicateoriginals
msgid "The (untranslated) value \"%s\" is used for more than 1 entry:"
msgstr "Il valore (non tradotto) \"%s\" è usato per più di 1 voce:"

#: pocheckerconsts.serroroncleanup
msgid ""
"An unrecoverable error occurred\n"
"%s\n"
"Please close the program\n"
msgstr ""
"Si è prodotto un errore irrecuperabile\n"
"%s\n"
"Chiudere il programma\n"

#: pocheckerconsts.serroroncreate
msgid ""
"Error creating an instance of TPoFamily:\n"
"%s\n"
msgstr ""
"Errore nel creare una istanza di TPoFamily:\n"
"%s\n"

#: pocheckerconsts.serrorsbytest
msgid "Errors / warnings reported by %s for:"
msgstr "Errori / avvertimenti riportati da %s per:"

#: pocheckerconsts.sfindalltranslatedpofiles
msgid "Find all translated po-files"
msgstr "Trova tutti i file po tradotti"

#: pocheckerconsts.sfuzzy
msgid "Fuzzy"
msgstr "Incerto"

#: pocheckerconsts.sgrapstatformcaption
msgid "Graphical summary"
msgstr "Riassunto grafico"

#: pocheckerconsts.sguipofilecheckingtool
msgid "GUI Po-file checking tool"
msgstr "Strumento GUI di verifica di file po"

#: pocheckerconsts.sidentifiernotfoundin
msgid "Identifier [%s] not found in %s"
msgstr "Identificatore [%s] non trovato in %s"

#: pocheckerconsts.signorefuzzytranslations
msgid "Ignore translated strings marked as \"fuzzy\""
msgstr "Ignora le stringhe tradotte marcate come \"incerte\""

#: pocheckerconsts.sincompatibleformatargs
msgid "[Line: %d] Incompatible and/or invalid format() arguments for:"
msgstr "[Riga: %d] Argomenti di format()Incompatibili e/o non validi per:"

#: pocheckerconsts.slineinfilename
msgid "[Line %d] in %s:"
msgstr "[Riga %d] in %s:"

#: pocheckerconsts.slinenr
msgid "[Line: %d]"
msgstr "[Riga: %d]"

#: pocheckerconsts.smissingmasteridentifier
msgid "Identifier [%s] found in %s, but it does not exist in %s"
msgstr "Identificatore [%s] trovato in %s, ma inesistente in %s"

#: pocheckerconsts.snoerrorsfound
msgid "No errors found"
msgstr "Nessun errore riscontrato"

#: pocheckerconsts.snotaproperfilename
msgid ""
"Selected filename\n"
"%s\n"
"does not seem to be a proper name for a po-file\n"
msgstr ""
"Il nome selezionato\n"
"%s\n"
"non sembra un nome corretto per un file po\n"

#: pocheckerconsts.snotestselected
msgid "There are no tests selected."
msgstr "Nessuna verifica selezionata"

#: pocheckerconsts.snotetranslationisfuzzy
msgid "Note: translation is fuzzy"
msgstr "Nota: la traduzione è incerta"

#: pocheckerconsts.snrerrorsfound
msgid "Found %d errors."
msgstr "Riscontrati %d errori."

#: pocheckerconsts.snrofitemsmismatch
msgid "Mismatch in number of items for master and child"
msgstr "Manca corrispondenza nel numero di voci fra master e child"

#: pocheckerconsts.snrofitemsmismatchd
msgid "%s: %d items"
msgstr "%s: %d voci"

#: pocheckerconsts.snrwarningsfound
msgid "Found %d warnings."
msgstr "Riscontrati %d avvertimenti."

#: pocheckerconsts.sopenapofile
msgid "&Open a po-file"
msgstr "&Aprire un file po"

#: pocheckerconsts.sopenfail
#| msgid "Unable to open file %s"
msgid ""
"Unable to open file:\n"
"\"%s\"\n"
msgstr ""
"Impossibile aprire file:\n"
"\"%s\"\n"

#: pocheckerconsts.sopenfailexternal
msgid ""
"Unable to open file\n"
"\"%s\"\n"
"in external editor\n"
"\"%s\"\n"
msgstr ""
"Impossibile aprire il file\n"
"\"%s\"\n"
"nell'editor esterno\n"
"\"%s\"\n"

#: pocheckerconsts.sopenfile
msgid "Open file %s in Ide Editor?"
msgstr "Aprire il file %s nell'Editor?"

#: pocheckerconsts.sopenfileexternal
msgid ""
"Open file:\n"
"\"%s\"\n"
"in external editor:\n"
"\"%s\"?\n"
msgstr ""
"Aprire il file:\n"
"\"%s\"\n"
"nell'editor esterno:\n"
"\"%s\"?\n"

#: pocheckerconsts.soriginal
msgid "Original"
msgstr "Originale"

#: pocheckerconsts.spercfuzzy
msgid "%s: %4.1f%% fuzzy strings."
msgstr "%s: %4.1f%% stringhe incerte."

#: pocheckerconsts.sperctranslated
msgid "%s: %4.1f%% translated strings."
msgstr "%s: %4.1f%% stringhe tradotte."

#: pocheckerconsts.spercuntranslated
msgid "%s: %4.1f%% untranslated strings."
msgstr "%s: %4.1f%% stringhe non tradotte."

#: pocheckerconsts.sresults
msgid "Results"
msgstr "Risultati"

#: pocheckerconsts.srunselectedtests
msgid "&Run Selected Tests"
msgstr "A&vvia la verifica"

#: pocheckerconsts.ssavecaption
msgid "Save to file"
msgstr "Salva in un file"

#: pocheckerconsts.ssaveerror
msgid ""
"Error saving file:\n"
"%s\n"
msgstr ""
"Errore nel salvare il file:\n"
"%s\n"

#: pocheckerconsts.sscandir
msgid "Scan a folder"
msgstr "Esamina una cartella"

#: pocheckerconsts.sselectalltests
msgid "Select &All"
msgstr "Seleziona &Tutto"

#: pocheckerconsts.sselectbasictests
msgid "Select &Basic"
msgstr "Seleziona &Base"

#: pocheckerconsts.sselecttesttypes
msgid "Select test types"
msgstr "Seleziona i tipi di verifica"

#: pocheckerconsts.sshowstatgraph
msgid "Show statistics graph"
msgstr "Mostra il grafico"

#: pocheckerconsts.sstathint
#| msgid ""
#| "%3d Translated (%3.1f%%)\n"
#| "%3d UnTranslated (%3.1f%%)\n"
#| "%3d Fuzzy (%3.1f%%)\n"
#| "%d Errors\n"
msgid ""
"%3d Translated (%3.1f%%)\n"
"%3d UnTranslated (%3.1f%%)\n"
"%3d Fuzzy (%3.1f%%)\n"
"%d Error(s) in Selected Tests\n"
msgstr ""
"%3d Tradotte (%3.1f%%)\n"
"%3d Non tradotte (%3.1f%%)\n"
"%3d Incerte (%3.1f%%)\n"
"%d Errori nei test selezionati\n"

#: pocheckerconsts.stotalerrors
msgid "Total errors found: %d"
msgstr "Totale errori trovati: %d"

#: pocheckerconsts.stotalwarnings
msgid "Total warnings found: %d"
msgstr "Totale avvertimenti: %d"

#: pocheckerconsts.stranslated
msgid "Translated"
msgstr "Tradotte"

#: pocheckerconsts.stranslation
msgid "Translation"
msgstr "Traduzione"

#: pocheckerconsts.stranslationstatistics
msgid "Translation statistics per language:"
msgstr "Statistiche di traduzione per lingua:"

#: pocheckerconsts.sunselectalltests
msgid "&Unselect All"
msgstr "&Deseleziona tutto"

#: pocheckerconsts.sunselectlistbox