Thanks,

setting DisableLoadSymbolsForLibraries to True did the job. Now I'm on ~2
seconds, it is usual time on my Core2Duo @2GHz.

V.

Od: Martin Frb <laza...@mfriebe.de>
Datum: 07.03.2015 18:10
Předmět: Re: [Lazarus] Startup delay of project (Qt)

On 07/03/2015 11:37, Vojtěch Čihák wrote:
  Hi,   I have noticed that Qt projects started with F9 have a delay (about ~12 seconds) before the form appears.
Its not only with large projects, its also with small projects or even empty
forms.
  The delay is there even if nothing in project changes and I start it by F9 repeatedly.
When I try to execute the same project externally (from Double Commander), it
starts in ~ 0,3 s.
  When i switch to GTk2, the startup is within 2 second (from IDE), which is normal.

Just a wild guess.
GDB checks libraries loaded. So depending on the info found on qt libs that may take time.

Try http://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/GDB_Debugger_Tips#internal-error:_clear_dangling_display_expressions <http://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/GDB_Debugger_Tips#internal-error:_clear_dangling_display_expressions>
set the field "DisableLoadSymbolsForLibraries" to "True"

Or check in options/debugger/event log what is logged.  Disable "Module"