FreeMan wrote:
On 25.05.2015 15:29, Mark Morgan Lloyd wrote:
I want to withdraw those suggestions. Google shows that this is a medical device rather than for e.g. non-destructive testing, and any interference with it probably exposes its owner (i.e. the dental practice) to massive liability and might be illegal.

Not to be illegal, 'cos This device in our clinic and using as long as five years. I'm not hack or modified device parts or etc. Law say "Can not do this" service & seller not gived any paper :)

If a dentist started hacking his equipment in the EU or USA, I'm fairly sure that he would rapidly be in serious trouble with his regulators.

There should be nothing attached to the LAN port that isn't approved by the manufacturer. If the manufacturer approves attachment of a PC, there should be no software on it that is unapproved. If the manufacturer approves attachment to the Internet, then assume that at some point it will be compromised and- potentially- could injure somebody.

http://dicom.offis.de/dcmtk.php.en
I found this code, not yet found how do work in lazarus.

Quite frankly, I think that telnetting to that port 23 and typing "help", or FTPing to that port 21, would be unwise and could get you in trouble.

--
Mark Morgan Lloyd
markMLl .AT. telemetry.co .DOT. uk