On 13.12.2015 10:55, Jürgen Hestermann wrote:
 > For most cases things did not change very much. Earlier you had to use
 > the explicit UTF8...() functions, now you don't need them.

What does this mean?
If I use DELETE on a String type (that is an UTF-8 string)
does it now use UTF8Delete internally?

Utf8Delete is a LCL function, not a RTL function while Delete is an RTL function. The latter does not know about the former.

Does it delete bytes or code points?
Does LENGTH now give back the number of bytes or the
number of characters (when used on an UTF-8 String)?

In both cases its Byte. I *think* we have some functionality to deal with code points as well, but I'd need to look that up as I'm not working with these that much...

Regards,
Sven