On 01/20/2016 04:53 PM, Anthony Walter wrote:
I've posted new installer for Free Pascal and Lazarus at getlazarus.org <http://getlazarus.org>. Here is an overview of the what's new:

Video:

http://www.getlazarus.org/new/

Changes include:

A new Lazarus layout with the component pallet removed and coolbar buttons in its place. The a docked form designer is now the default form editor.

The new menu editor is included along with my application explorer tool. The source to the application explorer is in the components folder and might be of interest to users wanting to try their hand at extending the IDE,

The new documentation site at docs.getlazarus.org <http://docs.getlazarus.org> is now the F1 help site.

Minimal FPC 3.0.0 compilers with friendly setup scripts are now available at http://www.getlazarus.org/setup/minimal/. I've also updated the "making it yourself" page with better instructions.

Finally FPC 3.1.1 trunk includes support for generic functions/procedures, which are quite nice.

Hi Anthony,

I just tried to use the new Lazarus for Raspberry PI and ran into two problems trying to add components from a four-year-old library (that has been working on Linux for that time and on Raspbian up to Lazarus 1.4).

This version of fpc/lazarus does not have the RegExpr package so one of my components failed to compile. I removed it from the package and started over (I don't need it for the app on the PI so for now this is not a major issue. I do need it on Linux so now I am hesitant to upgrade my main development machine.).

The big problem occurred when rebuilding lazarus to install the new components:

Build IDE Exit Code 512 Errors 4
Panic *** make No rule to make 'idepkg'  Stop.

remaining errors are leaving directory and make terminated.

Is there a work-around for this (besides returning to 1.4)? I need several of the components in this library.

Thanks,

Don Ziesig