Michael Van Canneyt wrote:

> On Wed, 7 Dec 2005, Philippe.martinole wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>>> After reading this thread I ask myself what is wrong with always
>>> compiling
>>
>> and linking the project?
>>
>> For me it is very important because compiling the same project on
>> Lazarus
>> is a lot slower than with Delphi6PE. I definitly want to leave Delphi
>> for
>> Lazarus
>> but it is sometimes difficult to wait for compilation again and again in
>> lazarus
>> when I know it is really faster on Delphi.
>

> The cause is not the compiler, but the GNU linker.
>
> That one is really slow on Windows. On Linux, you don't notice the
> linking stage.
> On Windows, you do...
>
> You can avoid this problem by not having Lazarus call the compiler when
> it is not needed, but this is just patchwork for hiding the real
> problem.
>
> Michael.

Oh, please add just a global option to show messagebox asking if it's
time to rebuild project when I click "Run"
I suppose that most time it is used to debug program and waiting for
linker to finish is a waste of time.
I hate also each time to define such option for each project (and this
is not good described in project options)

Boguslaw Brandys