On Mon, 02 Jan 2006 19:37:05 +0100, dannym <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>Yes, win32 (and KDE) uses that order for some reason.
>"Everyone else" (Mac, Gnome) uses the other order,

I would rather say "the rest" instead of "everyone else" :)

>Of course this is entirely a matter of taste and the sun will die down
>before anyone ever agrees on button order :)

I believe there is a bunch of usability theory and practice
behind the solution and at least an immense tradition if not
anything else.

Personally I do not mind as I have written my first GUI at the time
when there were no mice, and the screen resolution was 160x72 so
I suppose I can adapt to anything but I do  know there are people
who get really mad at things like button order.

The idea about the "VFI" approace Graeme wrote about that would
do the trick on a "per os" or "per widgetset" basis sounded really
good.

--
[EMAIL PROTECTED]