> Hi,
Hi.

> my mother language.

Neither do mine.

> it will be a huge non trivial work but it is possible. It will be

Right, is difficult but not impossible, I remember I make some widgets or
GUI library in my old D.O.S. days...

> implemented entirely in fpc/Lazarus with native LCL interface. But I

Get the idea.

Take a deep breath, the rest of the mail is going to be long, but useful,
I hope...

> skeleton

I recommend to start building a new "skeleton" or component library,
instead of making a new one.

Why ? Because...

LCL (Lazarus Component Library) is based in VCL (Delphi*s Visual Control
Library), and it*s very TIED to the graphical libraries and OS or stuff
you won't use, and have much code that makes difficult to modify for your
particular scenario.

VCL already does uses a new "subwidgetset" inside the TTreeview component,
where the TTreeview is a visual control, but it*s TTreenode objects work
like an new framework inside other framework.

I suggest do the same. Create or use a browser visual control that is part
of the current LCL/VCL visual framework as TTreeview control does.

Later, create the controls that interact with that browser control.

You can make a new "browser control class hierarchy" by hacking the
current LCL/VCL classes, taking what works for you, for example making
your own control*s Unicode string properties from ANSI string properties
from LCL controls.

> with the new widgetset for testing? How can I add it to the IDE for

Wait, STEP BY STEP ;-)

Leave the testing part and visual enviroment for later, VCL/LCL component
developers do that for their own visual controls.

Besides, you may need to make your own IDE or component editor taht works
like an IDE for your Browser control...

> easy selection in order to build test applications?

> If you are interested in the details of the project or you would like

I don't have much time, and haven't work much in Lazarus, but I have
made visual controls both in Turbo Pascal and Delphi.

Both from the EXISTING widget set (visual framework or libraries) and from
a NEW WIDGET SET.

I can try to see how can I help you in my litte spare time ;-)

In case you decide to GO THE OTHER WAY, that is, using the existing
framework, you can check the "pbear browser" control for Delphi,
at pbear.com

Good Luck !!!

mramirez /at/ star /minus/ dev /dot/ com

star /minus/ dev /dot/ com
star /minus/ dev /dot/ com /dot/ mx