> > later with results... I still don't know why your dll was working and
> > not mine. If this is because of the smartlinking issue... well...
> > hum... I don't know what to say.
> >

> Me neither, what was the error? I was hoping it was simply because you forgot
> rename mydll.dll.dll to mydll.dll or something simple like that. But I assume
> you
> renamed it and it found the DLL correctly when statically pulling it in on
> application loading?

Also maybe your DLL problem is somewhat related to Tony Pelton's DLL problem he
had.
He said when he used Lazarus his DLL didn't work, but when he chose the FP IDE
his
DLL worked. Which compiler version are you using with Lazarus and which Lazarus
version?

To me this sounds like certain compilers don't create good DLL's but FPC 2.0.2
does.
Or like you say it could also be a case of a non-smartlinked RTL causing the
problem,
but we could try a non-smartlinked RTL with fpc 2.0.2 and see what happens
too...