On Sun, 26 Feb 2006, Philippe.martinole wrote:

> > Yes, Interfaces are language independent. They only define what
> > functions/procedures are available within an interface (and what calling
> > convention). An Interface itself has no data or code. I' is only a
> > "contract" that those functions are avalable.
> > The actual code is implemented by a delphi/FPC/C++ class.
>
>  I've read some dosuments on Interface and ijfI understand, it is a part
> of COM of Microsoft under Windows ?

COM is just an implementation of Interfaces on Windows.
CORBA also knows Interfaces, Java too.

> Is it still possible to use Interface under Linux ?

Yes. The interfaces implementation is cross platform.

What you don't have on Linux is ActiveX: a central
repository/factory for Interfaces on the system.
(Unless you want to use the GNOME and KDE CORBA services)

That just means that you can't use dual interfaces on Linux,
but this is not a problem.

Michael.