Bogusław Brandys escreveu:

But why Post is not working for TSqlite3Dataset ? ApplyUpdates seems to be rather for remote server (Delphi help : "Changes made to the client dataset’s local copy of data are not sent to the application server until the client application calls the ApplyUpdates method for the dataset.") , while sqlite is more desktop database I think.

Also I  found a bug:
when I do TSqlite3Dataset.Cancel it doesn't revert value displayed in DB controls connected to this dataset to previous state (to value stored in database) This cause out of sync - value displayed is that last modified by user while in database nothing was changed (fortunately - if Dataset.Cancel would allow to post changes on Cancel that will be more nasty bug)

Best Regards
Boguslaw

Ok,I understand that because sqlite is purely SQL based it may be difficult to allow Cancel to work properly but in fact without proper Cancel method - it does not make sense to me creating full dataset descendant for sqlite.

One solution would be duplicated buffer for previous posted value for revering or simply (better) reget current row from database

I uploaded a version of sqlite3ds that retrieves the data from the database when Cancel is called. The code is commented to avoid future incompatibilities since the correct approach is to revert to the last Posted value which demands more changes/testing. Anyway it's there to you test and if this is what you want you can override the DoAfterCancel procedure with that code, so there's no problem of futures incompatibilities.

Luiz